1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

TomsHHR; The Deer Slayer Arrives

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by TomsHHR, Feb 27, 2007.

1. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

TomsHHR has arrived, Also own 94 S-10 Extended cab 4x4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Tom welcome, nice graphics on the HHR...sweet

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Tom! Nice looking HHR and I can't believe your luck with 3 deer. Makes you wanna take it hunting with you to improve your luck!:tongue:

I have hit 3 deer myself in 3 different vehicles but you have definitely earned the title "The Deer Slayer" with your story!:biggrin:

4. TomsHHR

It was 3 with the HHR, 3 with my 2000 Grand am and 2 with my S-10.
    I hate them totals..:redface:

5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Holy Smokes! You could start your own Deerslayer show on the Speed channel!:tongue:

6. TomsHHR

The HHR is a smooth riding peppy little car/suv/station wagon/van (depending on what the insurance and the dmv classifies it as). My 2.4 runs on 87 to premium, GM suggests premium, however most of the owners are having no problem with the regular unleaded. I like premium on trips to boost the gas mileage. I average 32.5 on the interstate at 65 mph. I use the unleaded in town and get 27.5 mpg.
    I bought mine in oct of 2005, it was fun being 1 of 3 in town for a long time. The sunburst II Orange is more popular on the commercials, "Super Bowl Car wash", I thought that was kinda tacky, but there was a compitition and that one won.
    There are some HHR forums and we have had some runs around the country.

It is fun watching all the people turning to get a double take at the HHR. There are a turbo version soon to come out and a Panel Van style you can now order along with a fall edition, spring edition and a classic they have come out with and the newest is a sun and fun package. The HHR did extremely well in sales for the first year. So you will see more of the retro 49 suburbans around.

:biggrin: :cool:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  7. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nice car/suv/station wagon/van!! I hope you put legal tags on all of those deer, I would hate to have to report you for poaching. :)

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We've been thinking about selling the Cavalier and possibly getting a HHR, even though it gets awesome gas mileage. What type of mileage are you getting in your HHR?

9. TomsHHR

I average 32.5 on the interstate at 65 mph. I use the unleaded in town and get 27.5 mpg.

10. TomsHHR