1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Toneau

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by wis bang, Jun 11, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

After waiting for the factory to make it, and for it to go thru the middleman's warehouse, I got my Extang Tuff Tonno last night. It really makes the truck look 'finished' and hides my toolbox like I wanted it too!

My box came out of a mini-truck so it fits between the rails w/ just a little side clearance. Alot of the 'fancy' covers have sideplates that extend into the bed space which would keep me from opening the toolbox. The dealer and his installer recomended this one as it sits on top the bedrails but doesn't use snaps [or velcro] there is a 'bead' around the edge that secures the sides and the end rail 'clicks' up to un-tension the tarp and clicking it shut pulls the tarp tight.

I like it!

:party:
  2. Farmerdave

Farmerdave Rockstar 100 Posts

PICS? Please.
  3. wis bang

I added three as an album, here is one

Attached Files:

4. eightbol21

eightbol21 Rockstar

i got the extang trifold hard cover. very useful thing to have
  5. wis bang

Yeah, they are nice but the rails intrude into the bed and I needed room to open my toolbox...this model was less $$$ too.
  6. wis bang

Update

After rining a full tank of gas my 'all around' mileage went from 16+ to 17.75MPG so over a mile per gal better w/ the toneau and this one is the soft vinyl so it bellies a little at the cross rail supports where a flush mount and hard cover wouldn't be moving and may do better
    :great: