Tonneau cover question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Highmarker, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Highmarker

Highmarker Rockstar

Ok, I have been thinking about getting a tonneau cover for my White '03 Silverado Ext. Cab Long Bed. Here is the problem. I have a compressed natural gas (CNG) tank in the bed right behind the cab with a cover on it that is raised about 2 - 3 inches above the sides of the bed. Is there a tonneau cover available that will fit over this tank cover? I have seen CNG Silverados with tonneau covers before, but the top to the tank cover has been cut off to make the tonneau cover fit. Here is a picture to show what the tank cover looks like. Thanks.

SV500089.jpg

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I don't know of any tonneau that will cover the tank, but Extang makes a cover for trucks with a toolbox. It butts up against the toolbox. Maybe you can make it work with your tank.

3. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

Extang will be a soft cover. Undercover has one called the BoxBuddy and Retrax will custom make one for you. If those don't work for you, consider a cap instead of a cover.

4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If your getting a cover just ditch the CNG cover. You can hard or soft..even the roll up ones. All our trucks that are CNG where I work have hard covers and the tanks bare.

5. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have the extang toolbox cover it does have a plate that is some what adjustable to all size toolboxes i really like mine. I have not had any leaks