1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tonneau cover question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Highmarker, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Highmarker

Highmarker New Member

Ok, I have been thinking about getting a tonneau cover for my White '03 Silverado Ext. Cab Long Bed. Here is the problem. I have a compressed natural gas (CNG) tank in the bed right behind the cab with a cover on it that is raised about 2 - 3 inches above the sides of the bed. Is there a tonneau cover available that will fit over this tank cover? I have seen CNG Silverados with tonneau covers before, but the top to the tank cover has been cut off to make the tonneau cover fit. Here is a picture to show what the tank cover looks like. Thanks.

SV500089.jpg
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know of any tonneau that will cover the tank, but Extang makes a cover for trucks with a toolbox. It butts up against the toolbox. Maybe you can make it work with your tank.
  3. Scratch

Scratch New Member

Extang will be a soft cover. Undercover has one called the BoxBuddy and Retrax will custom make one for you. If those don't work for you, consider a cap instead of a cover.
  4. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

If your getting a cover just ditch the CNG cover. You can hard or soft..even the roll up ones. All our trucks that are CNG where I work have hard covers and the tanks bare.
  5. groceryman

groceryman New Member ROTM Winner

I have the extang toolbox cover it does have a plate that is some what adjustable to all size toolboxes i really like mine. I have not had any leaks