Tonneau cover recommendations?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevyman2004, May 29, 2010.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

I am looking to purchase a tonneau cover in the near future and was wondering if anyone has any they recommend or like. i need one that will work with stainless bed rails. i'm thinking a nice soft roll-up cover would be good. let me know what u guys think.

2. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Kinda depends on how you use it. My last truck had a soft hinged cover that I really liked because it kept things dry and came off easy. I had vinyl bed rails on that one. It lasted about 9 years in Florida sun before it started to leak. I have an Undercover hard cap on my truck now and I like it better than the soft cover. It secures really well and it only weighs 59 lbs.

The hard cover would be more durable in weather extremes and could still be taken off if you needed the height.

Just my .02. :glasses:

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have an access roll up and it works great handles the weather up here just fine i do get a little water in the bed from between the tailgate and the box

4. Sandhopper

Sandhopper Rockstar 100 Posts

I have had several Truxido roll-up covers and they worked real well. My last truck had a Diamondback hard cover and it was a PITA...

5. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

i was online looking at the Access covers and the Lorado looked like a decent cover, the low profile look appealed to me. anyone have this cover? they said they had a tailgate gasket i could buy to eliminate the rear leak. is this the Access cover u have Z71guy or is it the original?

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  6. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

tonneau cover recommendations

Truxido and Extang are both good soft covers. Each has several models to choose from.

8. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

LOVE my Truxido Truxsport! Soft roll up cover, velcro along the sides, locking mechanism at the back...looks great too, really cleaned up the look of my 03.

9. makindue

makindue New Member

It is really interesting to have that kind of tonneau cover. I have friend who has it. I seen it in his garage. He was looking for a buyer. I can refer you if you want. :D

10. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

I added an Extang 'tough tonno' roll up to my 05 work truck 8' bed. They have a lot of nice options though the ones that sit flush have a 2" metal ledge that intrudes into the body space. I have a toolbox that just fits between the bed rails so that wasn't an option. Mine sits on top of the rails which covered the rack holes in the over the rails bed liner and has a strip of vinyl that locks under the edges and fits in the tailgate cross bar which rotates to 'click' in place and pull everything tight.

lifetime frame warranty & ten years on the tarp. Check their web site!