1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tonneau cover

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by wilsonator, Mar 5, 2008.

1. wilsonator

wilsonator New Member

I was thinking or ordering a tonneau for my ride but im having a hard time finding one i like because i have the cargo management system on my truck. All the ones ive seen that work you have to put excess rails on top of the bed and i dont like that, if it was a 4x4 i wouldnt care but since its a street truck i only want the liner to go on the inside of the bed and be flush with outside rails not exactly on top of them. Does anyone know of any models or web sites that have anything that would look cool. By the way its on 08 silverado.

Attached Files:

2. BlueLT1500

BlueLT1500 New Member

if you are looking for a soft top tonneau than there are a couple out there that you can look into but as far as a hard cover i think you are out of luck...im pretty sure they all go on top of the bed rails
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here is a couple of pics of mine....i also have the new body style and it fits really good...it shouldnt get in the way of your cargo system
  3. wilsonator

wilsonator New Member

Thanks, i was pretty much thinking the same thing, i really like the idea of the hard covers that roll out but none work with the cargo management system without installing extra rail covers. I was toying with the idea of the kind you have, it looks nice i probably will start pricing that kind. Question did you have to change to tailgate cover on yours?
  4. mvoss2576

mvoss2576 New Member

5. BlueLT1500

BlueLT1500 New Member

yeah replacing the tailgate cap was an extra 50 bux and the tonneau was 750 painted to match the truck color....looks like it came straight from the factory that way
  6. wilsonator

wilsonator New Member

do you have any pics of how it looks on your truck?
  7. wilsonator

wilsonator New Member

cool i thought they were a little more than that, thats pretty resonable, how hard is it to take off if you need to carry a big load
  8. BlueLT1500

BlueLT1500 New Member

2 guys about 30 minutes