Tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by silverado2008, Nov 3, 2008.

1. silverado2008

silverado2008 New Member

hello I am looking for a tonneau cover for my truck. I have narrowed it down to the access cover(I think) and the tuxedo. Both are soft roll up covers with the vecro on the side. Let me know your thoughts on which brand I should get or stay away from? or any other ideas.
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

my bed cover came on my truck, i dont really care for it due to the fact that I cant roll it up or quickly remove it, therefore I would reccomend a roll up one! :great:
  3. Akula682

Akula682 New Member

i dont like the velcro ones, i had one on my H1 a few years ago and the velcro wore out pretty quick as i was using it pretty often. Id go with snaps or the press and seal types (never tried the press and seal).
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have the Truxedo Trux-sport roll-up cover on my truck and love it!

[​IMG]
  5. silverado2008

silverado2008 New Member

Thanks to all. I think I will go with the Truxedo because of price and recommendations
  6. bubba33

bubba33 New Member 100 Posts

you can not go wrong with extang mine had the rubber that you pushed in. Stay away from velcro and if you ever have problems with extang they are great people to work with.
  7. dwill3015

Extang makes some really nice tonneau covers but I could buy 3 Truxedo's for the price of 1 Extang. You don't live in a super hot climate so the velro will stay glued to the metal rails better. I always believe in "You get what you pay for" and i am very happy with the Truxedo (only paid $167 for it from an Ebay dealer).
  8. bubba33

bubba33 New Member 100 Posts

9. zach45

zach45 New Member 100 Posts

i have lund... cant go wrong with them
  10. dwill3015

Nice find bubba. The thing i like about the Truxedo is the crossbars are conected to the underside of the cover so you unattatch it from the end and it all rolls up together.

Extang looks like a decent cover though.