Tonneau Cover

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by DreamingDear, Mar 2, 2010.

1. DreamingDear

DreamingDear New Member

Hello All! I am looking into buying a tonneau Cover, but there are so many styles! Which have you found to be the best/most hassle free (I'm a girl and don't want to have to heft anything)?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I've seen a lot of folks say the "X-tang" cover is good, for soft covers. If you are looking at hard covers, "ARE" makes a good quality cover. I'm sure there are more, but as I don't have one myself I'd hate to recommend any. Good luck!

3. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

i got a tonneau masters tonneau cover, pretty quick to switch over easy install, except the clamps are kinda crappy, i bought from auto anything they usually give you a good deal on buying and shipping and welcome to the site!

4. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. I had an Extang on a previous truck and it held up great. I was actually looking at the Extang Full-Tilt for this truck but am now leaning towards fiberglass. If all goes well with taxes I will be looking at an ARE.

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site.......All Tonneau covers have Pro's & Cons about them.Hard Tonneau's like Sungtop & Garlords...The Pros about them is they keep everything Safe & Dry also they now have Remote keyless entry And opening & closing.And last most of them can come color matching to your Truck ,Cons if you have anything taller than the bedrails,you can't close them.Soft Tonneau's Pros is they are lite weight,you can put items in the back above the bed rails without worry about the cover,Cons some of them are not water tight and If you have anything in the back,they are not as Secure as a Hard Tonneau.So it comes down to what you are looking in a Tonneau Cover and which 1 will work best for you and your Budget.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  6. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Here is an accidental pic of my two covers. They are both BAKFLIPS and I really like them, that's why I bought two of them, lol.

[​IMG]

7. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I installed the Undercover SE on my Silverado. It is a solid cover and it only weighs about 58 lbs so you can take it off pretty easy. You may have to change the tailgate cap to accommodate it. Here's a picture of it.

GM Heaven Back.jpg

8. black06

black06 Member

I have had 2 extang black max one for the colorado and this one now. Love it easy to use and spring loaded bars so you can stand on one side of the truck to take the bars out when you roll it up. The snaps can be turnrd over for winter use so it's easier to get on in and off in the winter. Paid around $200 no dissapointments.hope this helped. Welcome to the sight!

9. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!!!

So far I've been happy with my Extang RT.

10. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

I recently installed a Truxedo LoProQT roll-up cover. I chose this cover after a lot of research. Here is a link to the thread I started after the installation...
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36776

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you have any questions that I can help you with! Good luck with your search!