1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tonneau Covers...Good, Bad, & The UGLY

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chazzidy33, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Chazzidy33

Chazzidy33 New Member

Im shopping for a soft tonneau cover for the bed of my 2003 Silverado LS, you guys got any suggestions? or what NOT to buy...
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

There are many threads on tonneau covers in the Aftermarket and Apearence section. I have a Truxedo Truxport roll-up soft cover and has been great! Very durable even under a few feet of snow) and easy full bed access when you need to haul something. Affordable as well at around $175.
  3. Chazzidy33

Chazzidy33 New Member

how difficult was it to install?
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

I had a basic Lund on my 95 and it did what i needed it to. the only problem was that i broke one of the corner connecters. but i think it was around 150 bucks. thats really the only experience i have with them
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Tonneau Cover

if you want to see a REAL tonneau cover, visit www.cardomain.com type in TRPLXL2, and check out my truck, if you don't like it that's okay but it definately one of a kind!........TRPLXL2:party:
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

8. xtrmhunter

xtrmhunter New Member

i have a extang tri fold and love it i would never go back to a regular roll tonnau
  9. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member

what kind of look u going for?some truck riight
  10. jeff5581

jeff5581 New Member

Truxedo or Access

We used Access tonneaus on our fleet of trucks but recently found the Truxedo Lo Pro Qt which is very similar but the entire cover can come off the frame in about 2 seconds. either install in about 15 minutes. I would DEF stay away from the snap covers, especially if in the colder states. We buy from Cap and hitch of new england and it looks like they are selling online now. They are a local shop (in MA) and have always taken care of me. Good Luck!

Jeff