Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tonneau covers??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mr.copenhagen, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

just acoupple of questions about them if anyone would want to help me out. i was wondering if they actually improved gas miles/ horse power. and if anyone knew if they made them for the chevy short bed with a tool box in the back. i have seen them in the long bed trucks but no short bed trucks.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Studies show that it depends on what type of truck you have, if you're going to get any better fuel economy with a tonneua cover or not. Most new trucks, it really doesn't matter all that much, but you will see slight gains with a soft tonneau cover.

Believe it or not, you will see lower mileage if you take your tailgate off!

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Studies show that it depends on what type of truck you have, if you're going to get any better fuel economy with a tonneua cover or not. Most new trucks, it really doesn't matter all that much, but you will see slight gains with a soft tonneau cover.

Believe it or not, you will see lower mileage if you take your tailgate off!

Now, that being said, you can find a local shop to cut one down for you and put it up right behind your truck box. Yes, that can be done.

4. mr.copenhagen

ok thanks alot. now would a place like NAPA or those types of stores do that?

5. ChevyFan

I found an all-in-one place that could do it for me. http://www.glacierwindowtinting.com/

Typically if you find an auto-part accessory store that does tint and alarms, they can hook you up with a tonneau cover.

6. mr.copenhagen

hey just to let ya know i found one and orderd it!! i cant wait for it to come in thanks for your help!!