1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tons of vehicles stuck in the ice

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Everything just stopped on i20 from an accident. Two vehicles tried to go up and over the side to the service road. Both got stuck. I got out and helped the second one in a trailblazer.

20131206_181745.jpg 20131206_181736.jpg 20131206_180730.jpg 20131206_180732.jpg
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Almost thought you were here in NY for minute... well I guess Im not moving to Texas.:lol:
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

They always say things are bigger in Texas......lol
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I see the storm that passed through here must have made it to you. We've had several days in a row with temperature highs not even reaching 10 degrees....they don't expect us to get above freezing until Wednesday.

Very nice of you to help out....looks like a mess.
  5. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

Yeah we've had similar here. The roads aren't as deep, but they are slicker then heck.
  6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Finnegan and freiburger are on the road with a d max and they're seeing some interesting scenes as well
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just passed a Street that's nothing but a large sheet of ice with a crown on the road so the shoulders are about 2 feet lower than the centerline of the road.

Looks like someone was driving a porsche and slid about 10 feet off the road with no easy way to get out.
  8. BurbanMan

good grief... My folks are in warner, ok an got 6" of snow and counting. Dug out the sidewalk and found about 1 1/2" of ice under that. You guys are just in one big mess right now. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Be safe out there
  9. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Why would anyone drive a porsche in the snow/ice anyway??? If it normally doesnt snow and there are no snow tires on it then why even attempt it? Some people have just too much money and just make me shake my head:no:
  10. BurbanMan

couldve been their suv