1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

too much negative camber ?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by RATRODKING, Oct 29, 2009.

1. RATRODKING

RATRODKING Rockstar 100 Posts

guys,
    i have a stock suspensioned 1990 chevy k-1500 4x4 with factory wheels and 265-75-16 tires.

about 6 months ago i had the pitman arm, idler arm, and sway bar links replaced, and they supposedly set the front alignment at that time. i was told i did not need tie rod ends or anything else. this is a trust worthy shop i have dealth with for a few years now. he could have told me i needed more, and i would have gone with it, but they said that is all i needed.
    before and after the alignment the tops of the front tires are noticeably pointing outward more than the bottom. this is neagative camber, correct ?

the outside tread on my tires are wearing more than any other area on the front tires. is this a sign of a bad amilgment and the negative camber ?

should i get it realigned ? it has been about 6k miles since i last rotated the tires.

i want to get it right before i buy new tires.

thanks much.

leonard
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

have the alignment checked sounds like a issue