1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Too much positive camber on stock suspension

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by elwood, Nov 12, 2012.

1. elwood

elwood New Member

A few months ago I bought a fleet truck from a company for cheap. It has 270k miles but seemed to be maintained well and runs good. The positive camber was noticeable just by looking at the tires from the front of the vehicle.

The tires were severely worn on the outside edge so I decided to get new tires and have an alignment. The shop adjusted the camber as much as they could and they're still positive Passenger: .85 & Driver: 1.42. It's much better than before but still not close to specs.

The adjustments are turned up as much as possible. The ball joints have no play, all bushings are good, stock rims/tires and no known major wrecks.

The shocks have been changed but i don't know what else was changed.

Any idea how i could get the camber into spec? Lighter springs in the front, maybe??
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

the alignment shop said that there wasnt anything wrong with it?