1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Took a trip...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by steved, Aug 18, 2013.

1. steved

steved Former Member

Just got back from a vacation trip to Maine.

Towed our new Coleman E3 to save hotel costs. We averaged around 12 mpg for the trip, which wasn't too bad considering the Pop-up weighs 3k pounds by itself, we had probably 1k pounds of extra stuff with us, and the terrain was far from flat. Got a lot of looks as the Evolution series is not all that common, although we saw two others on the trip and was stopped by another owner with some questions.

Truck did good, there was only one place that I could say it struggled; and that was starting from a dead stop on probably a 12% or better grade (it was frickin steep). Keep in mind, its completely stock short fresh fluids and a second battery. I ran cruise control on the interstates, and used T/H in towns and in areas I could use the grade braking. Although the 3.73s do alright, I would definitely never buy another one with anything less than 4.10s. I may even talk with my truck guy (my former diesel guy), and see what he thinks about installing 4.56s and making them work with the rest of the truck.