1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Toolbox install

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by bphenwood, Jan 26, 2009.

1. bphenwood

bphenwood New Member

So I bought a tool box for my '06 chevy silverado. I was thinking of ways to bolt it down so me and my buddy Dave came up with the idea of using Rivnuts. We just bought a rivnut gun for the shop and havent used it yet, it works exactly like a rivit gun. So I figured who uses the stake pockets so we drilled 2 holes each in the front pockets and installed the rivnuts. I recommend to everyone, goto your local swap meet and but a rivnut gun...they are cheap and worth every penny. We got ours for about 20$. Now I use 2 1/4-20 bolts on each side to hold the box in. And I can take it out and not worry about the hole getting all goofed up. And I dont have ugly holes in my bed rails or my bed rails wont get all bent up from the J-Hooks that most tool boxes use.
    I'll take some pics when I get home today.
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Good Tip!!

Cant wait to see pics!
  3. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i just used long self tapping screws on mine, but i have a flush mount tool box
  4. bphenwood

bphenwood New Member

Yea i thought about doing it that way, but the problem is if you take the toolbox in and out a few times the holes get messed up.