Tools in your Garage - What do you have?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

logo.CraftsmanMain3.png What type of tools does everyone have in their garage? Mine is about 50% craftsman with a mix of other stuff that people have given to me over the years or that I buy one at a time.

http://www.craftsman.com

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

My tool collect is not where I want it but pretty much just have craftsman, its usually my first choice for tools

3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a craftsman toolbox and a tool set for the truck. Most of my wrenches, screwdrivers and sockets are craftsman, but the power tools are makita and other brands. My favorite is the sawzall and it's a DeWalt.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'm a retired Snap-On tool distributor. Take a guess.:lol:

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

A little bit of everything. craftsman tool box, sockets, ratchets, wrenches, table saw, chop saw. Kobalt screw drivers. from there Makita, rigid, milwaukee (sp), husky and some harbor freight brands on power/air tools. Wife jokes that I start new projects just so I can get a new tool each time, cuz there's always something I dont have that I need to finish the job

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea I'd have to say I've got a little bit of every tool manufacturer too, and a few off brand foreign tools I picked up while overseas.
    I prefer to buy Matco or Snap-on since Craftsman changed their standards and rules, but we dont always get what we want.

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Primarily most of my tools are Craftsman, but there have been HF tools sneaking their way into my collection. My screw gun is an 18 volt DeWalt.

My general rule is that tools that get used a lot and that get beat on, are Craftsman, tools that I don't use too often and if I break it isn't a big deal have been HF. And for woodworking and other electric power tools, DeWalt all the way.

8. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Mostly all Snap-On with a few Mac and Craftsman

9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Mostly Craftsman, some snap op. As far as power tools Milwaukee all the way. I have the 26v cordless set.

10. xsparky

xsparky Rockstar

most of mine are craftsman