1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tooth Extractions Suck!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Crawdaddy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This morning I had my 2 upper wisdom teeth extracted. Now Im almost wishing I hadn't because from what I'm reading I basically can't eat for the next couple of days...Soup, Frostys and other soft crud ISN'T food. :lol: Then of course there's no carbonated drinks. That's basically what I drink, albeit not a good habit. Very little pain though.. I have more pain with the gauze in my mouth than just sitting without it. :grrrrrr:
  2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had all four of mine pulled when I was 13. I was in absolute hell when I had them yanked. Just be glad you're not a smoker, I ended up with dry socket because I couldn't go that long without a smoke. Hope you feel beter.
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I feel your pain, I had mine removed when I was in my late thirties and you're right it sucks! The upper ones are the easiest though, something to do with the nerves that run along your lower jaw, mine got damaged (which is common) and now several years later the left side of my tongue is still without feeling! hope you feel better....and hopefully you got good painkillers!
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That's the cool thing, the pain is little to none. The upper part of my mouth hurts a little, but it's certainly bearable. Hell, I could probably be at work with this pain. I haven't even touched the pain meds the doc prescribed for it. Not being able to grab a burger and chow down for 2 days and not being able to grab a Dr. Pepper is what's killing me.
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You have a blender? :lol:
  6. jmonte3

jmonte3 Rockstar 100 Posts

mmm meatshakes:happy:
  7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i got mine removed when i was 18. i only had 2, but i was eatin steak the next night. my room mate had 6!
  8. mrfixdit

mrfixdit Rockstar 100 Posts

tooth extractions

I must be exceptional cuz I had thirteen removed from the upper all at once. It took about fifteen minutes waiting for the shots to numb me up and about ten minutes to yank em and I walked out of there with my new upper plate in place and not a problem in the world since, aside from the puddle of bloody drool in my sleep the first night. For the next few days I just popped them out every few hours and saltwater swish n spit then back to normal,I was eating solid food that evening not steak and corn on the cob mind you but meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and green beans were no problem never abstained from the sodas or smoking . of course there was some pain involved but nothing compared to the abcesses I used to get. Most people complain about dentures and lament if they had only taken better care of their teeth blah, blah, blah, As for me I wonder why I didn't have it done much sooner, no more toothaches, easy cleaning, they look great, can't get a brain freeze eating ice cream, no more checkups and cleanings at the dentist and I can really freak out little kids like my grand father used to do to me LOL (just kidding , I really don't scare little kids)
  9. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had mine pulled about 6 months ago. I ate some fresh cut pineapple for dinner the night before. All four got pulled and I had almost no swelling. There is something in pineapples that helps out. It was the first time I had vicodin and the only two I have had since.
    I would recommend this oral suregon to anyone living in Orange County if I could remember his name.
    You'll be back to normal in a couple of days. It's not the pain thats off but the hole in your jaw that throws you.
  10. 178kchevy

178kchevy Member

Best thing you'll ever do is stay on the pain killers and don't let em wear off for a couple of days and you should be good to go!