Top Gear Hummer H1 Review (Video) ... Long Winded Jeremey Clarkson

Discussion in 'Hummer Forum' started by ChevyFan, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thought this was interesting, it's clearly filmed before gasoline hit $5.00 in the US and HUMMER H2 and H3 were killed off.

I think that Clarkson measures all vehicles by how well they do on a european grand prix circuit. Seriously, the H1 Humvee was not designed to be a 75 MPH freeway cruiser. Did he even take it offroad?

Even though it's a big vehicles, I think that the performance issues may have been due to Clarkson's large ego not being able to fit properly inside with him, that probably weight it down a bit and ticked him off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUv8pipri4

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What a moron! What the heck kind of review was that? His review and application of the vehicle is equivalent to reviewing a mini cooper while rock crawling!

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I had a H1 Pick up for 2 weeks while I was working on a project at Sony for Mt Dew It was fun Did some Lets just say TESTS :gasp: with it..... It was also used in 3 Vs 3 Basketball tournaments all over

4. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

i watched the full episode, and, though he didnt say it hes right in implying that they should never have made the H2 or H3.... if your going to make an offroad SUV, chevy; bring back the blazer.
    i mean, he spread on the sarcasm so thick in that episode there was no point of contrast when he was serious. except maybe when he was talking about running stuff over.

Oshkosh, making the hummer, was great. but also super expencive. to this day the civilian modles reach 6 figures!!!!

and offroad magazine rated the H2 and H3 as the worst trucks each year they were made

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

You can drive an H1 like a performance european sports car.... it might not end up so well though :)

6. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

would be so awesome to drop a 572 fuel injection engine in one though... get 500+ to the wheels... then you could drive it like anything you wanted lol
    untill it needs more gas.....