Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Top Gear

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MPC-Silverado, Nov 22, 2010.

1. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Did you guys watch topgear last night? I liked it alot. kinda new and different compared to all the other crap on Tv... tires of seeing pawn shops, people getting parking tickets, people buy empty storage units, hunting for treasures at old people homes, dancing with the stars, surviver lol

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ive been watching the BBC version for quite a while i wasnt home to watch the american version, i dont know how much ill like it since its a remake and the guys on the BBC version are a riot!!

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What network is this on and what's it about? It sounds interesting......

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I always watch Top Gear on the BBC and just don't think I can handle the US version either murdog. There is no replacing or competing with Jeremy, Captain Slow & Hampster! I have it DVR'ed but have not watched it yet. I will give them a try, but they will have to prove their selves.

As to the utter crap that is on cable these days, YES Top Gear is a great show. I am missing Bull Run!

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Been watching the British version since its been on BBC America, (some of you are aware I was born in England) I caught the U.S. version and it wasn't too bad. I believe the producers of the British version are involved with it. It looks very similar but after watching the original for so long it seemed a little weird. For those that don't know, Top Gear is a car show unlike any other, highlighted by Supercars that none of us can afford, insane challenges, irreverent politically incorrect humor, a "Star in a reasonably priced car" and once in a while a road test that is actually relevant. If you like British humor, better known as biting sarcasm, I highly recommend it!

6. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

i have seen the bbc one a few times. it was ok but british people i usually dont think are funny lol. idk y but they just dont make me laugh. For the people who like the bbc version the only thing i can say is pretend it has a different name and watch it as a new show not a knock off you will most likely like it more then

7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

BBC airs Top Gear on Mondays on BBC, and the American Version is on the history channel on Sunday nights.
    And yes Ajarman they are great. As to the supercars it is sweet to see just what can be done with what, and they dont just drool over the Ferrari's like just about any magazine here in America does.
    I am ALL ABOUT american made cars, and wont own anything else however, i like to see what the fastest car in the world can do etc.. And i HATE Ferrari's not just because the ARE incredibly expensive but also they have very very very very predjudicial selling practices. Meaning joe millionare cant just go to the showroom and buy a new one he has to be approved by Ferrari to buy a used one first and if he takes proper care of it then he may be allowed to buy a new one in 5 years. They would hate me if i had money i would be sue HAPPY with them, and i would buy a Ferrari to use as my "fishing" beater!!! Alright enough of me ranting about another brand i just cant stand..
    I love the show for the entertainment not so much for the relavance on the road such as the speeds and power that these cars are capable of. I want an R1 motorcycle and several of the vehicles they have tested would beat me in a standing 1/4mile STOCK!.. Also the humor, IE: the three wheeled car that they send Jeremy out in and all he does is roll it over as often as he can! It will be hard for them to beat that kind of off the wall still here in america where our closest competition to that is the Geo Metro.... So time will tell.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for the explanations of the what the show is about and the networks. I will check out both....sounds like a pretty cools show.

9. M35A2

M35A2 New Member

I only caught the park with the Viper vs the heli.....it would have been more realistic if they just hovered lol

10. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Top gear is AWESOME!