1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Top Gear

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ahmitchell1, Apr 2, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think for most it's that Cool factor and I have the best.. BUT if you look at the Car and Driver 10 Best and Worst The raptor was the Worst for Handleing,Breaking,and MPG's.. :gasp:
  2. lquattro04

lquattro04 Member

Personally I wouldn't want a Raptor ina ny way shape or form. I'd much rather buy a stock truck and add all of my own extras. It gives me the opportunity to make my truck customized and truly "my own". If you get a truck like that then you dont have very many options for aftermarket parts, therefore it looks just like every other Raptor out there. blah.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Here's my suggestion: rent a vehicle for the period where the lift is being installed (whether by you or someone else). It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a vehicle....
  4. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

From my own experience and actually owning a raptor most part is the cool factor. but what are they comparing the raptor to cause the chevy trucks are all on 245 stock and the rator is sitting on a long travel lift with 35 and it handels better and turns better then what my chevy is.as for breaking the ford out beats my chevy in stopping you barley got to touch the brake and your stopping and how and why would you buy a 6.2L raptor with 4.10 rear end for better gas milage if someone is so worry about it then they should stick to there prius imo.

but if you want the same type suspension as the raptor your better of going and buys a long travel kit for your truck it would do everything the raptor can and maybe more.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The raptor is ugly on the outside and beautiful underneath. I have driven one in every condition but sand and it's got way more body lean then my Chevy. I'm looking into a long arm for the front but I'll be using adjustable coil overs so I can have the firmness when I need it