1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Top Offroad Lights? What have been your favorites?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by ChevyFan, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

For everyone whos installed offroad lights of any stripe, what have your favorites been?
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I had a pair of KC HiLighters on my jeep. I am currently looking at some of the different LED brand light bars that I may be able to install in the front bumper in the slot just in below the grill.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

@alox, if you find one that you like, let me know, i may do something similar, i had been planning on doing KCs at some point on my old truck, but i dont think id like the look of them on this one.

Alex
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

...perfect timing on this thread [MENTION=21316]stev[/MENTION]e ..

Interested to see what everyone has liked/disliked as far as lighting goes. My new toy will most likely end up with lots of lights on it, it'd be good to know whats out there!
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Maybe check out the Rigid D2 flush mounts. I'm trying to get my hands on a PDF template for those to see if they'll work in my front bumper. :)
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

If I put a front end on my truck from a 03 GMC or up, I'll put some LED lamps in the slots of the bumper...just can't recall the name at the moment.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

@aloxdaddy99, here's the dimension & mounting template for the Rigid D2 flush mounts if you're interested...

Warning:
    The GMTC site stupidly auto-resized the image upon upload rather than leaving it alone. As a result, a print of the image will be smaller than the original; the dimensions noted on the image are, however, still correct, so you can do your own rectangle based on the noted measurements.

D2FlushMount-DimsTemplate.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  8. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Interesting timing on the thread. I don't offroad the Burb at all unless I'm trying to get to a fishing hole, but since I use the Burb in Emergency Response situations (I'm a member of the local ARES), Offroad lights probably would not hurt. Looking into getting a brush guard for the front of the truck and any lights I get will have to mount on that.
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

But back to brands I've always liked ProComp lights because their inexpensive.
    I've never had a set of lights last longer than 6 months they either get broken or stolen so I really dont want to pay a lot for something I know I'll be replacing a short time later.