1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Top Speed

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Stealth, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm so sad, yesterday I found out my truck is limited to a top speed of 94 mph. Sigh, it's a shame. It was still charging too. What I want to know now is the fasted you've ever gone in a vehicle, planes don't count but bikes do i think.

2. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I've topped out at 120 in an old dodge. Sure there are a lot faster than that though.

3. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I'm going 118-119mph every time I do a 1/4mile :).

I'm not sure what it'd top out at, on the dyno they were getting 155mph in third gear.

4. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You mean you've never tried to go flat-out in it? What about a top speed competition?

5. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Nope, and honestly don't plan on it. My speedo doesn't go that high anyway, lol. Remember, it's a truck and was never designed for any of this. Aerodynamics and weight are not my friend.

6. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

200 Km\h in my oldsmobile 91 and 180 km\h but in short time cos there is speed limit here in dubai the radar is every where

7. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Member

140 in a VW Golf.

8. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

120+ in a 68 impala with a 396 in it. The speedo was pegged out and when you left off the gas it took awhile for it to come down. I live in Houston now and havent had the tahoe over 60.

9. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

120 in an Iroc-z I and had the needle pegged(85) in my 83 Buick Skyhawk 4cyl thought that the car was gonna explode

10. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

155mph in my '05 GTO down I95 in 5th gear with another to go, but got chicken.