1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Top speed

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by sierra blues, Oct 31, 2010.

1. sierra blues

sierra blues New Member

Would like to know what is the top speed some of you guys have had your truck to.
    05 Sierra Z71 5.3l
    w/ super chip 130mph
    1 person likes this.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I hope you have better brakes and sway bars on that truck....
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I'm afraid to say because some of the guys on here will flog me with an old Ford v-belt, but it was higher than your 130mph :rofl::rofl: ha ha ha

My speedo was wound around & back past the dead space & pinned on the peg & couldn't get past zero again (that occured @ 5700 rpms & it redlined @ 7100 rpms') so I had to compute the actual mph from RPMs' x gear ratio x tire diameter when I got home.

edit** Did you do the 130 with those tires you have on in the photo?
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

130mph in my 03 silverado. Surprised the A/T's could handle it
  5. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

i pushed about 130-135 when i ran a 94 mustang gt... but then again i have my truck setup more than most to have less float when running that fast on the hwy...
  6. sierra blues

sierra blues New Member

Was running different tires. Clocked mine with GPS. Ilive in the mountains of TN not a lot of flat places here to let it fully wind out.
  7. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

I clocked myself at 127 mph with a GPS in my '02
  8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Good times. =)
  9. RMC_SS_LDO

RMC_SS_LDO Member

Hell, (less) top speed is one of the main reasons I got my truck!

My last car (Chrysler 300 SRT8) was a beast- Ran out of nerve before I ran out of car at 160 and it was still pulling like a tractor. Rock solid at speed and handled great, but needed something more practical and that wouldn't get me in nearly as much trouble. Hence the trade for the Silverado...

With that said, I'm guessing they are ECM limited somewhere around 115 from the factory?

/r

Allen
  10. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

110 mph .. as fast as the tires were rated to go,didnt want to take chances.