Top Tier Fuel - GM Recomends it.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Gum*, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't remember the last time I used one of the stations on the list. There are a few mobile and BP stations near me. Even less Shell stations. I don't think I would stop at shell anyway, they are always much more expensive than the other stations. My area has many speedway, kroger, citco., and marathon stations. None of those on the top tier list.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You still have Citcos? I thought they got bought out by Valero?

3. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 Member

We have both Valero and Citgo's in Georgia. And I think Chevron merged with Texaco too....so yeah, it's like there are tons of different brands of gas stations, but how many fuel providers are there? Probably just a handful. I've heard Costco and Sam's Club gas has consistently scored very good on Octane tests... And neither of them are on the list. I've always heard that those cheap-o gas stations, you have a chance of not getting the full octane as advertised...like premium might not be 92 or 91...it might be in the 80s. I have a Chevron and Gulf station near me that are generally low priced, as well as QT (QuickTrip) and RaceTrac. I will generally go for the best price per gallon.

4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I was really surprised to not see sunoco on the list. I prefer to run their fuel and they almost make the racing fuel for NASCAR hmm.

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd use Sonoco for that very reason: I like to buy stuff that sponsors NASCAR. However, I have never seen Sunoco station here in Texas.

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

my wifes 2013 Avalon says the same thing about needing top tier gas. Still use costco gas.