GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Topper/Canopie/Cap/Campershell group.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

No matter what you call them, post pictures of your truck with a topper/cap/camper shell/canopie. Remember, we're all the old buggers on the site since we have them! Need to represent the senior citizens!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. AMac

AMac New Member

haha this is funny considering that you Jimmeh, and I are both under 30. but since I have a cap on my truck is that why all the old men stare at me? LOL
    2.17.12_4_rear.jpg 2.17.12_side.jpg IMG_0684.jpg
  3. AMac

AMac New Member

I like how your cap windows are wide and the tint is dark adds to the black wheels
  4. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

My old truck with its camper shell. Some of my friends still call me grandpa to this day because of this badboy haha, only 22 years old though. Still waiting on my fiberglass tonneau to come in for the new one.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. AMac

AMac New Member

Thanks for sharing, I love the wheels.
    It sounds like if anyone has a cap on their truck and is not actually a grandpa they will still get called grandpa LOL.

What can we do to change this? I assume that people are used to seeing trucks w/caps as having "older" drivers. Well all those who have posted so far are under 30 so [MENTION=25901]Jimmeh[/MENTION], let's stare down those people and get them to start thinking that caps are for young people too. Do we need to have a customized bumper sticker made to have our mission be known LOL?
    People are now telling me that my truck looks naked w/ out the cap so I'm just not sure.
  6. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

Thanks! I cant wait until the salt goes away so i can put them on the new truck. But yah the bumper sticker thing sounds like a good idea haha.

7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Hi Adam,

Where did you get those rims and do they have others that are similar but different?
  8. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

Hey whats up man, i got the 22s from my chevy dealership. They had like 2 other kinds but you can find them all on the gm website. Under wheels.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/en-US/Silverado/2012
    They sell them for around $4000 dollars on there for the 22s but i will tell you i payed $2900 for mine because i buy all my vehicles from this dealership so they gave me a deal. The dealership pays $2800 for them new. Hopefully this helps some.

9. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Here is my old truck with the canopy on it. For the record, I'm 18 and started driving this truck when I was 16.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. AMac

AMac New Member

Okay so another capped truck member under 30, I'm starting to wonder where people get thei perception of caps only belonging to older drivers. I do understand it comes down to functionality, maybe young people need that too?? After all couldn't we camp in a truck with a top like this??
  11. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

Two Summers ago i had a air mattress in the back of mine so i could camp out at parties haha.

12. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I started a blog post for a project of mine coming up which is to build a raised bed in the back of mine for camping. Mine is purely function over form. It is just a bonus that I like the look of it ;)
  13. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

With mine being a long box, we used to camp in it all the time. We would load the quad in the back and then throw a queen size mattress in on its side beside the quad. When we got to where we were camping, we'd pull the quad out and drop the mattress flat in the middle of the box. It worked great - other than that was before I got the truck from my stepdad and the company that we bought the canopy from wired it wrong so the light didn't work.
  14. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

That's the way to do it man!

15. troutbug

troutbug New Member

I must have missed this thread before. I admit, I haven't been as active as I want to on here. I'll try to do better!:money:

I guess I'm the official "Grandpa" of the group since I'm 34. I get a lot of use out of my top though, and can't imagine not having it. Besides being great for frequent camping trips, it keeps cargo (and my daughter's wheelchair) out of the weather and out of the hands of undesirables. I only wish GM would offer the half ton crew cab with a longer bed option...it's a little short for sleeping in, plus I keep a permanent air tank and my spare tire in there which take up a bit of room.

IMG_1327 - Copy.jpg
  16. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Ok you asked for it... The Cap I found on the side of the ROAD.. If you don't belive me ask Al He was with me when I picked it up.. 090.jpg

And a Pic of the inside.....:party: IMG_1504resize.jpg IMG_1628resize.jpg IMG_1631resize.jpg
  17. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

[​IMG]

New Kayak. Going on a trip to WA next month, and will be hauling three of them up there. Now I just gotta figure out how, lol. I know I can fit two side by side laying upside down. I've got a couple of vertical racks but I haven't used them before.
  18. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

Personally, I think the stereotype of "old" and "shell" is dwindling. These days, so many of them are being crafted to compliment the truck as a whole and not just be stuck on there. I pondered it for some time actually, but what it really came down to is loving the look of my truck and being able to more easily store a tonneau when I need to take it off. Of course, that could be my "old" speaking. I only just turned 32 though so I don't think I'm that old, lol.
  19. troutbug

troutbug New Member

Well, I see something there that I wouldn't mind picking up off the side of the road! :money:
  20. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

Has anyone used a soft collapsible topper? I don't want one for daily use but occasionally I carry some large things that I would like to cover.