1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Topper/Canopie/Cap/Campershell group.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Feb 19, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

No matter what you call them, post pictures of your truck with a topper/cap/camper shell/canopie. Remember, we're all the old buggers on the site since we have them! Need to represent the senior citizens!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

haha this is funny considering that you Jimmeh, and I are both under 30. but since I have a cap on my truck is that why all the old men stare at me? LOL
    2.17.12_4_rear.jpg 2.17.12_side.jpg IMG_0684.jpg
  3. AMac

I like how your cap windows are wide and the tint is dark adds to the black wheels
  4. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

My old truck with its camper shell. Some of my friends still call me grandpa to this day because of this badboy haha, only 22 years old though. Still waiting on my fiberglass tonneau to come in for the new one.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. AMac

Thanks for sharing, I love the wheels.
    It sounds like if anyone has a cap on their truck and is not actually a grandpa they will still get called grandpa LOL.

What can we do to change this? I assume that people are used to seeing trucks w/caps as having "older" drivers. Well all those who have posted so far are under 30 so [MENTION=25901]Jimmeh[/MENTION], let's stare down those people and get them to start thinking that caps are for young people too. Do we need to have a customized bumper sticker made to have our mission be known LOL?
    People are now telling me that my truck looks naked w/ out the cap so I'm just not sure.
  6. sevi084x4

Thanks! I cant wait until the salt goes away so i can put them on the new truck. But yah the bumper sticker thing sounds like a good idea haha.

7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hi Adam,

Where did you get those rims and do they have others that are similar but different?
  8. sevi084x4

Hey whats up man, i got the 22s from my chevy dealership. They had like 2 other kinds but you can find them all on the gm website. Under wheels.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/en-US/Silverado/2012
    They sell them for around $4000 dollars on there for the 22s but i will tell you i payed $2900 for mine because i buy all my vehicles from this dealership so they gave me a deal. The dealership pays $2800 for them new. Hopefully this helps some.

9. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Here is my old truck with the canopy on it. For the record, I'm 18 and started driving this truck when I was 16.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. AMac

Okay so another capped truck member under 30, I'm starting to wonder where people get thei perception of caps only belonging to older drivers. I do understand it comes down to functionality, maybe young people need that too?? After all couldn't we camp in a truck with a top like this??