Tore tendons & Ligaments in my foot at work today..... WARNING! Graphic pic

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Bigbomber, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Had a really bad day today tearing parts of my right foot for the second time in 9 years.I work as an Educational assistant and was showing a child the proper way to kick a soccer ball when all my weight fell on my foot as it turned to the inside.I went to the hospital and spent the entire afternoon getting X-rays and having it wrapped.They say its not broken but i think it is as i can't put any weight on it.I'm off the next five days as we get a long weekend, so here is hoping it heals by then as i can't miss anymore time because i just started my job 1 month ago.I was just hoping that all my GMTruck Club friends here might pray to the man upstairs for me for a quick recovery.I guess you guys will be seeing alot of me the next 5 days,don't worry i won't show you anymore pics. . P1010491.jpg
  2. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

Man, that sucks! I hope there is nothing wrong with it. X-ray won't show a tendon or ligament damage. I hope they did not give you any thing for pain that you can't wash down with a good beer. LOL
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Come here i have a hammer and a saw we can match up the other one!

Prayers for a speedy recovery bud!
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Sorry to hear that, and see it Big B. Good luck with the recovery. I've had a few sprains and they can be more painful than a break. Will send my prayers for a speedy recovery.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

So then it wasnt actually the proper way to kick a ball was it?
    Hope ya recover fast.
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Sorry to hear it BigB, but do look forward to seeing you on here more! Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to your new job!!
  7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis New Member

I'LL SAY A PRAYER.
    If you are concerned they will fire you it would be worth taking a small risk to get to class.
    Your MDs probably have you
    1)taking a NSAID (Aleve or Ibuprofen are the safest)-
    2)Icing it
    3) Elevating it.
    The slight risk would be getting your hands on a more potent anti inflammatory- like Medrol, prednisone, decadron,Celestone-maybe start taking it 1-2 days before you have to return to work-
    They are the same things football players use to get "back to work" early.The athletes usually have it injected right in the damaged joint, but they will work given by mouth also.know if Canada's economy is as poor- but if it is you sure don't want to lose your job.
    There are some risks-take something to protect your stomach-other risks also, but..... losing a job is a bigger problem.
    Luck
    Charlie
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Thanks for all the humorous comments guys,they definitely put a smile on my face this am.I have been icing the crap out of it and the swelling is beggining to go down,but it sure is starting to get colourful (as in black and blue).Thanks again for all the kind words ,they are much appreciated.
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Sorry to hear about the ankle. Yep the pretty colors will get even prettier over the next few days. surprised they didnt stick you on crutches for a few days. Should get easier to start walking on it over the next week and getting the swelling out sooner than later will help. Typically with that kind of swelling it will take a few weeks to be running around on it again like a young kid but it will get there.
  10. jdennis44

jdennis44 New Member

Send my prayers your way for a speedy recovery!! Next time dont let that soccer ball get the best of ya!!
  11. Good luck Bigbomber and get well soon!
  12. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Wanted to say thank you to all my friends on the site for your prayers and get well wishes.The swelling in my foot almost gone and i am going back to work tommorrow.
  13. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

get better soon dude. ive messed up my right knee and my right shoulder, that kind of stuff just sucks, pain will nag at you forever.

Alex
  14. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

Just dont let those kindergardners sucker you into another game of kickball!!
  15. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member

Wish you a speedy recovery, I imagine it can't be too much fun over there
  16. TRANNY PRO

TRANNY PRO New Member

Broke my left foot last week. Off work for 3 months. Using a walker like I was 500 years old . LOL KEN