Tornado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by iPublicEnemy47, Jun 7, 2009.

1. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 Rockstar 100 Posts

http://www.tornadoair.com/buy1/

Does this thing actually work?

Does it seriously give you better mpg and more horsepower?

Will this work with a Volant Intake system?

2. Swatchvy

Swatchvy Rockstar

I've heard that they work but its nothing to write home about. You might be able to get it to work with the volant, just find a tornado thats the same size as the inner diameter of the intake tube.

3. Slow1500

Slow1500 Rockstar

Big waste of money I think. I've talked to people who have tried it and have seen dyno sheets where 1-3 hp is lost due to it just being an air restriction. The manufacturer claims it mixes the fuel and air better but I dont see how it's possible. It may spiral the air but only till it gets to the intake manifold where the air disperses the same as without the damn thing. On a fuel injected vehicle(not tbi) it has an injector near each cylinder. How could it mix the air and fuel better down each intake runner going to the head? It cant. There are articles online about it

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

GM lost $40 billion last year, a lot of it was due to issues like high fuel costs from the previous couple of years ... they're dying to find ways to add off even 1/10th of a MPG and spend millions of $$ to do so, so if they could do that just by adding that in for $19.99, then it would be standard equipment ...

5. ki4kma

ki4kma Member

For the money it cost and the what the product actually does is really a waste of money.

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

spacers and these tornadoes are worthless to fuel injected cars, since the gas is injected after the air intake.

this will give you gains on carb vehicles

7. rdnkdrummer

rdnkdrummer Rockstar

I have one on my '95. Remember...Chevy's are still TBI through at least '98 ('00 on suburbans). Most of the 'carb' intake airflow dynamics still apply to TBI. However, the only thing the $60 tornado did for my truck was help my over 2500RPM horsepower a hair. Not tested on a dyno, just what I can feel.