1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

torque converter

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by troysakis, Feb 22, 2010.

1. troysakis

troysakis New Member

I recently put a 2,500 hughes converter in my 2000 silverado 4l60e 5.3. The first time i take off it will go through all the gears perfectly. When i come to a stop it will try to take off in 3rd. I can manually putt it in 2nd and take off. If i try and putt it in 1st it will not go it will stay in second. any ideas?
  2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

My idea is that new members first post should be under the new members thread and be an intro. At least give an intro before trying to milk us for info. It's kinda like entering a conversation.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  3. troysakis

troysakis New Member

Sorry not trying to "milk info" just new to this sort of thing. I'll give that a go first. Thanks
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!! Sorry i can't help but look around and get a feel for the site, i'm sure someone can help you out and i'm sure you'll find alot of good info here.:glasses:
  5. Gambit

Gambit New Member 100 Posts

Did you put the torque converter in yourself or did a shop do it? If you did it your self did you fill it with ATF first? If not you may have burned it out before it even got broken in.
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The torque converter is not the problem. You need to scan it for codes. A VSS problem is likely or one of the shift solenoids is acting up. If you didn't get enough oil into the trans it would make the forward clutch slip and chatter and a big delay when going into gear. Double check all your connectors. Unplug them and look for bent pins. If it worked ok before then you did something during the R&R that's screwing it up.
  7. troysakis

troysakis New Member

yeah its code is trans shift solinoid. and i have triple checked all my connections. even replaced solinoids. just running out of ideas.
  8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  9. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!!!
  10. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016: Sorry I can't help but I'm sure you'll find your answer here.