Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

torque specs !?!?!?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 04silverado4.8, Sep 29, 2010.

1. 04silverado4.8

04silverado4.8 New Member

so i am doing this thread to maybe help out anyone who is looking for torque specs for their silverdo w/ hydraulic lifters...i found a site that told me to put the rocker bolts to 50 ft lbs...BUT!!! when i did that, it snapped the bolt in half and i had to remove the head and take the bolt out and replace it :( too much work...however, i just tightened them down with a ratchet by hand...NO PRYBARS!!!! lol same with the small head bolts...the bigger head bolts u can use a prybar on if u dont have a torque wrench...so far all the bolts and rockers are fine...no knocking or pinging...hope this helps for some people who are working on head gaskets :) if there is any other help i can help with, post here or message me...if i dont know the answer, ill find it for u.

2. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

The torque spec on the rocker arm bolts is 22 ft lbs, hope this helps.

3. 04silverado4.8

04silverado4.8 New Member

oh yea it helps...lol..thanks...ill write it down in the owners manual :) ill redo them when i get back to the states...im getting an EATON MP112 S/C for it...so ill redo the recalibration after that :)