1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

torque wrench

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 9191gmc, Oct 6, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 9191gmc

9191gmc New Member

what is a good deal on a very decent torque wrench,ft pounds, right now...Craftsman or Snap on etc...
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Get the Snap-On. More accurate and stays accurate. I like the clicker type.
  3. 9191gmc

9191gmc New Member

whats the best 1/2 inch torque adaptor out there???? they are cheaper..
  4. silveradotrailblazer

Do you mean a torque multiplyer?
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Consider how many ft-lbs you need when buying one, as that'll impact price, too. A torque wrench that can do 80 ft-lbs is much cheaper than one that can do 150 ft-lbs. Also when choosing, consider that most of the time you should be torquing to 80% or less of the maximum capacity of the torque wrench. (If you're regularly doing 80 ft-lbs with a max 80 ft-lb torque wrench, you should move up to a 100 ft-lb torque wrench [or better] for that application.)
  6. 9191gmc

9191gmc New Member

I meant those digital adaptors that you can put on any good size breaker bar or long handle socket bar...do you think they are
    any good..??about 35 bucks
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Buy the proper torque wrench needed for the job. If a bolt/nut calls for a specific torque setting than its important to do so and use the best torque wrench. I have one 1/2" drive torque wrench that goes from 50 to 250 ft.lbs , one 3/8" that goes from 20 to 100 ft. lbs. and one 3/8" that goes from 5 to 75 ft. lbs. All SnapOn. I send them back to SnapOn every couple of years to get recalibrated.