1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Torsion bar crank w/ Rancho 5370 shocks on a 05 2500HD 4x4

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ffgreg28, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ffgreg28

ffgreg28 New Member

I am wanting to level my 05 2500 and came across these Rancho shocks. They say they are for the Tbar crank type lift.

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/RS5370.html

My question is has anyone used this before?? If so, what were your results. I am well aware of the harsher ride from doing the crank, but would these shocks really help? I dont believe the new Bilsteins are made for my truck, so this is just one option Im looking at. I have looked into the keys as well. My local 4 wheel parts will do them for $450, which seems high to me.

Id like to do the keys myself, I just dont have the tbar relase tool nor do I know how to use it :lol:

Thanks for any help
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check out OffRoadUnlimited.com 2500 leveling kit with Bilsteins shocks.
  3. ffgreg28

ffgreg28 New Member

Ok so I went with the Bilsteins. I will be installing them this weekend. F4-BE5-D146-H1is the # of the shock I went with for the front. I will replace the rear next month probably. Ill let you all know the outcome with before and after pics. Also, I am only cranking my t bars. I'm not doing much, don't want the harsher ride, just maybe an inch total. From talking with a suspension company, keys typically aren't necessary when wanting only 1-2". Doing the bars with this Bilstein shock is a better/cheaper option with great results. So I guess ill see pretty soon! Happy New Year everyone
  4. ffgreg28

ffgreg28 New Member

So I installed the bilsteins, dis some cranking, and couldn't be happier. I got a nice level ride now. I went up about 1-1/2 inches total. Just enough to look nice. The ride IMO is better than when it was stock as well. My next project will be to get the rear bilstein shocks to make the ride that much better.