1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Torsion Bar cross member support bushings, 2500 hd 4x4

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Still Creekin', Feb 7, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Still Creekin'

Still Creekin' New Member

Hi all,
    I just had my Fischer mounted to a recently purchased 2005 2500 HD. The guys in Maine who mounted the push plates and swapped the harness told me that my torsion bar cross member support bushings are worn, and that I should replace them before doing much plowing, or I'd beat the snot out of the mounts. I had to be back in SC before I could get them to do this work. How tough is it? Where do the parts come from? Can I buy the bushings themselves? Or, do I have to buy the bushing/mount and grind the rivets off the old ones?

The local Chevy/GMC dealer is good, and mostly honest, but very expensive and will not clue me in to outside options. I've been there and done that for the instrument cluster ($520 @ dealer vs $89 from myairbags.com), and intermediate steering shaft, ($320 at dealer for the same part installed again vs $169 for Napa aftermarket part with internal nylon sleeve). Any guidance on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    BD
  2. Still Creekin'

Still Creekin' New Member

So, nobody's ever had to replace these bushings in a 2500 HD? Mine's a fluke?