1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Torsion bar keys on top of 6 inch lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by CJRM112, Feb 27, 2010.

1. CJRM112

CJRM112 Member

Hey guys I was told by a buddy that an easy way to get a couple more inches out of your lift is to add some leveling keys can you do this on a truck with a 6 inch lift and would it make my truck ride like crap ?
  2. oohyeah4

oohyeah4 Member

well, what I found out on my tahoe was that if you crank up the torsion bars all the way , yes it will ride like crap, I had to back them screws out 5 turns to get a good ride..and yes I installed the 2" leveling kit too..
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

While the 6" lift does relocate the front diff to close to factory position it isnt the factory position, pushing the truck a few more inches away from the diff creates a few problems, steering linkage is now running off somewhat creating wierd steering issues, pinion angle is now out and chewing up the driveshaft U-joints, and the half shafts are now running way out of thier tolerance zone making them either pull out of the diff or chew up the CV's.
    Adding suspension lift to an existing lift is always a bad idea and allways creates issues that end up being costly to repair.