1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Torsion bar keys?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by trailshredder, Jul 14, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. trailshredder

trailshredder New Member

I am considering lifting the rear of my burban about an inch and the cranking the tbars to level it. Changed the oil this weekend and while I was under there, I looked to see how much cranking I could do. I discovered that the drivers side is cranked more than the passenger side, although when I measure from the top of the tire to the bottom of the wheel well, it is the same from left to right. Are my keys worn? Should I just consider getting re-indexed keys? Thoughts?
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No your keys aren't worn, the difference in the bolt lengths is more than likely due to the differences in the properties of each bar. Since they are twisted in opposite directions you should expect to see some difference. I know when I cranked mine before the leveling kit, the bolts were set at different lengths and after the leveling kit the new bolts are set at different lengths, and also, just so you know, you'll only get about 1" of lift with the stock keys, so if you want more lift go with new keys. Hope this helps.:great:
  3. trailshredder

trailshredder New Member

Thanks, that does help. Was hoping it would be more like my 2500. I was able to get about an inch and a half out of it.