1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

torsion bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by parks31, Mar 25, 2008.

1. parks31

parks31 New Member

Does anyone know what setting the torsion bars are at when the truck is stock. I am returning my truck to stock tires after 3 years of running 285/75/16's. I reacently learned that the tire store where I bought the tires cranked up the bars to make the tires fit. The ride has sucked all this time and now I know why. Thanks
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I haven't played with the torsion bars on my burb. It had the lift kit when I bought it. There is a good article on torsion bars at: Offroad-Tech
    The ride is pretty rough on the burb so if I can get the time I might try loosening the torsion bars to improve the ride.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

well you dont know how much they cranked them so maybe just try cranking them down an inch at first and if it still sucks than try another half inch.... its gonna be tedious and could get annoying but it may be your only bet
  4. parks31

parks31 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I have been adjusting them but it always looks like the drivers side is lower than the other. I have tried measuring but that does'nt seem to work. I might take it in and get an alighnment and ask the shop to adjust them.
  5. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yeah, do that. :) The alignment shop would have better luck with that adjustment than you would. And they need to align it anyways.