Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

torsion bars

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by sonomanick, Sep 19, 2009.

1. sonomanick

sonomanick New Member

Anyone know how to tighten torsion bars on a 95 sonoma? how high can I go without needing a wheel alignment?

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I imagine that the Sonoma is the same as the full size when it comes to "cranking" the torsion bars. If you do a "search" you should find a "how to". As far a alignment, you will probably need it checked if you raise it enough to even notice it. The alignment is cheaper than new tires. Good luck!

3. ghuev

ghuev New Member

There is a cross-member under the cab, near the back of the front doors. Follow the torsion bar back and you will find the key at the end, with a bolt facing head down. Tighten the bolt to lift the truck. If you are going to adjust them to get any appreciable about of lift (1-2 inches) then you should get an alignment soon after you do this, otherwise your tires will wear unevenly.

4. 2000 silvy

2000 silvy New Member

i did it on my 86 an u WILL need an alignment also if ur not cranking them all the way till they stop make sure to count the threads and tighten them up the same amount otherwise alginment will be pointless