1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

torsion bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Earl9250, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Earl9250

Earl9250 New Member

Anybody have any idea why my truck is still not level after cranking the bars all the way? The front is still about half an inch lower. 2005 GMC 1500 4x4.
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

With my truck, the front end is still slightly lower with it being "level". You could need a new set of shocks up front to help with the sag, or your torsion bars could just be a little worn. I'd suggest getting leveling keys over torquing up those bars, but that's just my opinion. Did you have it aligned afterwards?
  3. Earl9250

Earl9250 New Member

I did have it aligned. I'm gonna get new keys very soon. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks.
  4. elkhornsun

elkhornsun Member

Ever think that the rear of your truck is 1/2" "too high"? Trucks are designed to carry a load and your truck is built to have at least 1000 lbs. in the bed and be reasonably level without a lot of sag at the rear. Raise the front and add a rear load and the front of your truck will be "too high".
  5. Earl9250

Earl9250 New Member

Good job. I had no idea. I am just a freaking truck driving idiot. Yes, I know how trucks are designed, but I rarely ever haul anything more than an ATV or stuff to the dump. Maybe the occasional piece of furniture. So, therefore, I am not worried about the front end being too high when I might carry something that heavy, if ever. I want it to sit level for the time I don't haul anything, which is 95% of my driving.