1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Torsion key help

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by eporter2980, Jun 21, 2011.

1. eporter2980

eporter2980 New Member

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Yes you can lift the front of your truck with new keys. Those ones look like they would do the trick.
  3. eporter2980

eporter2980 New Member

Thanks man.
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts

Yep that'll be perfect!
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club,eporter2980.
  6. ernie pezz

ernie pezz New Member

Depending how much you want to lift the front end, you might be able to get away with just cranking the torsions up a bit. I would try that and see how you like it before I bought the keys. On your truck you can go up approx 1.5 in without severely changing your ride quality. Make sure that you keep track of how many complete 360 deg turns you make with your wrench, and do the same on the other side. 5 or 6 complete turns seems to be the trick. Also make sure that you get an alignment soon after your adjustment. If you don't achieve the stance you were looking for, you can always let it back down the same number of turns that you cranked it up, and you'll be back at the stock setting.
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

If you do adjust the stock keys, make sure you do it with the front wheels off the ground. Here's my results with the stock and then lift keys.

Stock height:

[​IMG]

Stock keys turned up:

[​IMG]

Lift keys:

[​IMG]
  8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

Nice before and after pics Adam, im gonna try cranking my stock ones up
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

KyleZ71, measure your truck before you start so if its to stiff after you adjust the bars go can go back down to the stock setting. Just a suggestion.
  10. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

I looked at the keys that eporter2980 put a link to. 50 bucks, can't beat that. And it'd be easier on the truck, ill order them next pay period haha