1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

torsion keys?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tcrosbyy2011, Oct 7, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tcrosbyy2011

tcrosbyy2011 New Member

Hey guys, I have a 99 silverado z71. i was looking at getting a leveling kit, but i was wondering if anybody knew how much lift do the stock torsion keys have?

2. PolishSilverado

PolishSilverado New Member

depends on my 00 silverado 2500 i cranked them all the way i got 1 1/2 to 2 inches

3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

If these have never been adjusted you may find they will increase the height a couple of inches. there is a procedure to adjust this . you could find if you adjust too much that the vehicle will ride poorly due to the suspension toping out . with the proper adjustment use the CV joints as a guide . when these are straight then you have the correct front height.

remember if you increase the height the toe alignment will be off. this will cause the vehicle to have poor tracking at hywy speed.