1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Total Chrome out...TOTAL!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Henchman, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Henchman

Henchman New Member 100 Posts

Would it be impossible to chrome my whole truck? Now I'm talking finders and everything. I just think it would be something different and I've never seen it done before. I am up for doing it. All you have to do is get them dipped right? Any how toos on this one?
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

that would look pretty funky but hey its your truck

im guessing you would have to sand down every piece down to the metal.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd say it could be done as I've seen some cars and suv's in Dubai and Saudi Arabia that have been chromed or have some othter exotic process to shine them. It would be worse than black to keep up though!
  4. Henchman

Yeah but wouldn't you like to see it done? There would be a paint job like it in the U.S. as far as I know.
  5. 09sliverado

09sliverado New Member

you plan on NOT driving the truck during the winter months. you being in MO means salty roads. salt+chrome dont match
  6. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member 100 Posts

heres a picture of an audi in saudi arabi its dipped in silver but it gives you an idea of what you would get.

Attached Files:

7. Project1

Project1 New Member 100 Posts

could you imagine if someone tried to high beam you with that paint job lol
  8. Henchman

Well I e-mail a company out of New York last night, we'll see what they say about it. I may try to get it done for free...it would be a good pitch for their company! I don't plan driving it if I get it done. May be turn it into a show truck. The salt up here is bad during the winter. This is something that I haven't seen in the states yet...so maybe the first? That's for the comments and pics everyone.
  9. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member 100 Posts

That would most definetly be different. It would be terrible to take care of though.
  10. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow, that Audi looks sweet! I think this would be a great project, but a hefty one! In care and price! All that chrome polish to try and keep that thing clean.