1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Total newb question about exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Okimaw, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Okimaw

Okimaw New Member

Good day all. I just got a set of dual flo pro V force exiting out the back on my 97 Sierra 5.7l. Since the exhaust setup on that was already two pipes to the cats, no Y pipe, and its 2 pipes from the manifold back does that make a true dual? I didn't bother with the high flow cats after reading some of posts on the merits of it. I was wondering what kind of differences I might expect in sound or performance if I put headers on now?
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Its true duals if there are two separate pipes(one fom each header) all the way out to the back, which that sounds like what u got. And as far as headers go, they will all make your truck run better and sound better too. But beware that they're all tuned different and are different lengths and sizes for different power curves. But headers are deffinitaly a good choice.
  3. Okimaw

Okimaw New Member

Ok Thanks a lot there friend. I will be getting headers when the ol income tax refund rolls around. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what headers I should be getting for my 5.7l 350 Vortec?
  4. Silverado Junkie

In my opinion, the only headers ive ever liked were Hedman, Edelbrock, and Pace Setter. All great choices.
  5. 383man

383man New Member ROTM Winner

I had edelbrock headers on my trans am, they looked like hell after a few thousand miles, but sounded amazing and added power.
  6. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

I have heard if they are ceramic they will last a long time and work well.
  7. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member ROTM Winner

jba all the way
  8. Silverado Junkie

Stealth is right. Ceramic is the only way to go because chrome or painted headers always seem to flake off or start to rust. Ceramic is expensive but the only choice.