1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

touch screen navigation

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cowboycaddy, Mar 5, 2008.

1. cowboycaddy

cowboycaddy New Member

I'm just about to purchase an '08 1LT extended cab silverado and I was wondering how easy it is to install the in-dash touch screen nav, rather than ordering it in the package. Also without the rear entertainment system, will either of the 2 systems GM offers work? Or do you need to rear entertainment system for the in-dash unit to function?

Thanks y'all

2. goleee33

goleee33 Member

do you plan on buying a factory one and installing it? or an aftermarket one? If after market the installation is about a mid grade hardness. Just finding where the VSS wires and reverse wire goes is the main difficulty, all the rest are pretty basic.

3. cowboycaddy

cowboycaddy New Member

I ended up getting a factory one... but for some reason the XM functionality isn't there, do I need to bring it into the dealer and have them flash it for this?