Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tour of the Arlington, TX GM plant

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is there any interest in folks going on a tour of the GM plant in Arlington, Texas?

This plant has been in operation since 1954! They currently make the Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon, Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL and the Cadillac Escalade. They normally don't do tours, but I can probably work it so that it could be done.

If you are interested
    If interested, reply to this thread with the best date/time. We'll see what we can do. It will probably have to be Monday-Friday, but a Saturday trip might work.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you can get a Saturday tour I'd definately be interested. M/F I work 9am to 9pm (if I dont get hit for overtime) so thats a no go.

3. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

Yea, Saturday would probably be best for me as well, but Thursday nights are always open. How many shifts are they working over there now? I would assume with the gas prices and all that they are slowing down.

4. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have an interest as well, but weekends are kind of tight, so weekday would work better for me. I would like my kids to see it and since they are homeschooled, weekday is not a problem.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think it's time to revisit this, maybe have to run two groups?

6. Texasguy

Texasguy New Member

I would love to take a tour of the Arlington plant! I live about 20 mins away and have most weekends off, sounds fun.

7. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My Truck was built at this plant I even got the assembly line number of my truck :)

Love to go for the tour but it would be hard for us easteners :)

8. ChevyFan

Let's hear from everyone who would want to go. I'm thinking we'll do a Friday afternoon tour and a Saturday morning tour (if possible). I have checked with my GM contact in the region and he said it would be something we could try to get put together. I'm not sure if we can do two smaller groups, but we'll try.

After that, we could head down to the local Sonic and park and eat sort of thing for a short get together. I'll be w/o my SUV unless they get it fixed pretty soon!

Who's in?

9. mvoss2576

mvoss2576 Rockstar

When are y'all thinking? I might like to go, and if a young kid is allowed (my daughter is 4) she might like it too, she likes to watch the factory shows on TV... then again, it might scare the crap outta her??

10. ChevyFan

I'll have to see when we can schedule it with the communications director for GM. I was thinking of waiting for mid-march to early April when the weather is a bit more predictable.