1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tow haul light

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Ramdavis, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Ramdavis

Ramdavis New Member

Tonight I went out for cofee and when I started the truck which is a 2006 silvy 4x4 crew cab with factory tow package, the tow haul light was on and would not go off by pressing the button. the truck was reving like it should when tow haul is engaged. I went inside for a cofee. When I started the truck again everything was normal. what would be causing this? Is there something getting ready to fail and is there anything that I can check?
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm guessing what has happened is......there are Wire that run from the Tow Haul Button, down the Shifter and then down the Steering Column and at the base of the Steering Column, and overtime the Wires will sometimes get Pinched and/or Frayed.......below is a link with a Picture of the Wire and how to repair it......

Starting on Reply Number #9,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/30423-New-member-introduction-and-Tow-Haul-mode-prob.?highlight=haul broke
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014