Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tow/Haul Mode

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyDan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ChevyDan

ChevyDan New Member

Hello, my truck has the tow/haul mode control on it and it stop working awhile ago. My Hayes book has nothing on this what so ever as I can find and cannot find a fuse or relay for it, just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and what they had to do to get it working again. Thanks, Dan
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There is no relay or fuse Dan. The switch is just a momentary switch which sends a signal to the
    PCM. The switches do go bad and are very easy to diagnose. If you had a scanner you could just look at the data as you pushed the button. If no change is seen on the scanner the odds are the switch went open. Without a scanner you can just ground the wire at the switch. If the light comes on in the dash you have proved the switch is bad.
  3. ChevyDan

ChevyDan New Member

Thanks

Hey Jim, thanks for the reply. No I do not a scanner yet but have been looking at some, want to get one in the near future. Will try the grounding thing and go from there, Thanks, Dan
  4. dorman68

dorman68 New Member

You need a new shift lever with a tow/haul switch. The same thing happened to my neighbor's truck.