1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tow/haul not working or bulb out?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by slim, Jul 29, 2009.

1. slim

slim New Member

Hello all,

When I go to use the tow/haul option on my truck, the light on the dash doesn't come on. I'm wondering if the bulb is out or the whole thing isn't working. The tow/haul light does not come on momentarily when I turn the ignition to run, like the other lights on the dash. Is it supposed to? It doesn't seem to drive any differently after pushing the tow/haul button. I checked for a fuse for the tow/haul, but no luck. Any advice? Thanks.

slim

2001 Chevy 4x4
    5.3L
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

On most all late cars and trucks the lights all come on for 1 second as a test when the key is first turned on. Try that. If the bulb come on then it confirms a problem in the switch.
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

aalso to tell if tow haul is working, press the button, and act like your racing something, with the button pushed, it should shift harder
  4. slim

slim New Member

Thanks for the help. The light does NOT come on with the other lights at startup. I will drive it tomorrow and test how it shifts.

slim