Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tow hook painting/plastidip

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by 02_SierraZ71, Jan 21, 2014.

1. 02_SierraZ71

02_SierraZ71 New Member

New to the forums and just purchased a 02 sierra a few days ago and am cleaning it up and working on it to pass the safety. The paint on my tow hooks is gone and starting to rust, was just curious if I would be better off using black automotive paint or plastidip to cover these? I have never used plastidip, however I do live in canada and need something that can handle the variety of weather, which would work better?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If your gonna use them regularly Id probably go with automotive paint, youll have to sand and repaint almost every time you use them either way as the straps or chains will take the coating off every time.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have mine painted with black tractor paint, and it hasn't come off of my hooks. I have used them 3 times, to pull cars out of the ditch.

4. 02_SierraZ71

02_SierraZ71 New Member

Alright thanks, I'll have to try the paint.