Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tow mirror questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dusted800, Mar 6, 2011.

1. dusted800

dusted800 New Member

I have a 09 silverado with the small mirrors with the dl-3 option. I found a guy on the internet that claims he has chevrolet tow mirrors with the same options as my present mirrors. Is he correct, I have never seen Tow Mirrors with power folding. If he is correct how do I tell if his mirrors are power folding by looking at them? thanx. wnk.

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If they are factory tow mirrors, they are not power folding. The 03-05 tow mirrors were power extending. There may or may not be an aftermarket power folding mirror for these trucks, but if there is, I have never found it. I have seen a single reference on the internet to someone who had ford-style power extending/folding/turn signal tow mirrors that he had bought from a seller who adapted them to a gm truck or made a replica version compatible with GM trucks or something like that, but I was never able to find anything like that myself.

As far as anything I've ever seen goes, the only way they could be power folding is if they don't look like a GM mirror

3. dusted800

dusted800 New Member

thanx 608, thats what I thought as I have never seen power folding mirrors. wnk.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

no problem. No power folding tow mirrors for us, anyway. Those nice tow mirrors on the fords have been power folding AND power extending since late '06 or early '07 (whenever the '08 superduties came out. I know it was really early). I wish there were a way to adapt those to our trucks without spending insane amounts of money, or that someone would make some for our trucks. The company that makes their mirrors make aftermarket ones too, but those are manual extend/fold.

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey guys....are you talking about a 2009 or prior to 2007 NBS?

If you are referring to a 2009 then:

.....When I was shopping for my mirrors (2008), there was a powerfold option available. I believe the easiest way to quickly tell the difference is that the mirrors that do not powerfold have only one quick connect clip and the ones with the powerfold option have 2 quick connect clips....but I am going from memory, so please double check.

6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I' not sure about that but on ebay i saw some pretty nice ones with led turn signals on the side of the mirror instead in the mirror and were for 1500 which fit's a 2500 also and they look the best look just like goes on a decked out 2500 and has all the features