Tow Mirrors Installed

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Als09Sierra, May 30, 2011.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Just got back from our vacation in Florida and had time to install my tow mirrors. Picked them up on eBay and they've been sitting in the garage until now. Install wasn't bad, the second one was easier. Dropped a nut and washer in the door panel and couldn't find it. Oops. In searching for the nut I also broke the clip that holds the door opener cable. I used some gorilla tape to hold it in place until I can order a replacement. The pass. side mirror went much easier. :)

[​IMG]
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I'll have to stop by and bring my extend magnet....looks good....
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

Looks much better than stock :great:
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member

Al.....the Tow Mirror's look Great.....:great:.......also I really Like the Billet Grill!!!
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

I love it! Looks like a new truck!
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member

Nice man looks good. I plan on buying me some tow mirror's soon when they get back in stock on June 11th and i'm getting them for a good deal. The mirror's have every option available powered and have led turn signal's on the side of the miror not in the mirror i like this look better when i get my recon smoked cab roof lights! Yeah and they like $120 bucks cheaper than the one's in mirror but to me those don't look as good as the ones i want! I was wondering how easy or hard it is to install the mirrors on my own?
  7. stephan

stephan New Member

They look good Al, & that's a good pic from the front. That truck really pops :great:
  8. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Looks awesome!! I love my mirrors and amazing what you can see now! How bout some more pic Al!!??

Rockstar, I would say installing the mirrors yourself would be just 1 step up from doing a CAI install. Very simple if you take your time.
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member

Yeah the main part is i don't wanna risk breaking my truck when i try to put them on lol
  10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Looks great, keep up the good work, truck looks really good, what's next? :money:
  11. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Looks great.
  12. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member

Like Ajarman said, it's an easy install. Just make sure you get all the bolts out of the door panel before you try to pull it off. Then just 3 nuts,( metric 10 mm I think) then unplug and pull off.
  13. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

They look good....you can even wack those annoying bike riders who dont stay in the bike lane and follow their own 3 ft rule!
  14. marko54

marko54 New Member

looks sharp! its amazing how just adding the Tow mirrors changes the looks .
  15. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 New Member

Looks really good with the tow mirrors great mod.
  16. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Thanks guys. I hated the stock mirrors and love the tows and the visibility I get with them. It takes some getting used to with the top and bottom mirrors, but it's a big improvement. I'll see if I can squeeze some more pics onto my album and post em up.

Rockstar: I like the mirrors you mentioned. I saw those and if I hadn't gotten the GM mirrors for the price I got them at, I would've gotten those. Like stated above, it's pretty easy, especially if you don't drop anything in the door. :) There are three 10mm bolts, one behind the inside door opener handle and two behind the inside door pull handle. Both places can be accessed by using a screwdriver to pop the covers off. You also need a pick or something small to pop the cover off the door lock. I used one of the tools on my Micra Leatherman, worked like a charm. You also pop the window switches out, and the screwdriver worked well here too. Just be careful not to let the door panel get too far from the door with the door opener cable attached.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

What's next? Depends on who you ask. I'd like to get something to put those mirrors to use....but that's not on the short list. :)
  17. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Looks good, can't wait to get some for mine.
  18. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Alex, it has been a few weeks now.... you still loving the mirrors? I dont think I could ever go back.
  19. Chewys Silverado

Chewys Silverado New Member

How you guys feel about the tow mirrors on my truck with it being a 1500? I do some towing, not a lot just like the looks of the tows better.
  20. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Mine and Al's are 1/2 ton trucks! I highly recommend them.