1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Towing and fuel mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by vannooch, Jul 28, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. vannooch

vannooch New Member

I was considering a Black Bear tune for my 2001 Savana SLT. I put a new GM crate engine in it about two years ago and put 20k on it to date. I also tow a trailer and would like to add some more pulling punch and possibly better fuel mileage if possible. Also any of you guys running a K&N and or cat back exhaust?
  2. tsbrewers

tsbrewers New Member

I have a Black Bear tune and a completely stock van. I looked for an aftermarket exhaust for it, but couldn't find any. And I am not a big fan of the DIY exhaust systems most exhaust places put on. I have also heard recently that K&N filters really don't add much power/mileage/etc. and actually are pretty bad for your vehicle since they don't do near as good of a job filtering the smaller particles.

The black bear is nice, but I haven't seen much, if any, of an improvement in gas savings. I went with the traditional tune, but might upgrade to the cable tune to see if that makes any more difference.

Brew