towing mirrors

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by shannon41539, May 11, 2012.

1. shannon41539

shannon41539 New Member

I have a 2011 silverado 1500, I haul a 30 ft camper with it, and I was wondering what is the best mirror extention to put on my truck to help see the road better when hauling my camper? any suggestions?

2. Blackmatter

Blackmatter Member

My camper is just a little bigger then yours and I also have a 2011 silverado crewcab. When I looked at what was out there I really didn't like the way any of them looked. I just had my dealer take off the original mirrors and put on the factory tow mirrors. I think they are great they extend out and i can see alot. Even when i am not towing they are great. On my last truck i had a mirror set that slide over the orginal mirrors and then it had a mirror that was out further. It was ok but not as good or as nice as the ones I have now. If i remember correctly it wasn't to expensive also now i have turn signels in the mirrors. In my opinion was definetly worth every penny. Hope this helps you good luck and let us know which ones you decide to get.

3. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

I agree with Blackmatter.....I removed my factory mirrors and installed aftermarket tow mirrors as well. They look like the OEM but were a LOT cheaper! I think they were $270 and my dealer wanted $204 each